Become a member of the ASPH QI Academy
- Would you like to make improvements in patient experience and patient safety?
- Would you like to know more about QI?
- Are you in a leadership role or you would like to be in the future?
- Do you have an idea for a change?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then the ASPH QI Academy is for you. You can join the academy by attending our one-day course designed to give you an understanding of quality improvement theory and the practical skills to get started with QI.
By joining the QI Academy you will:
- Become a member of a community of QI champions and connect with others
- Build your core skills in improvement, patient safety and leadership
- Receive a certificate of attendance
- Achieve the ASPH 'Learn QI' accreditation
This course can form part of your CPD portfolio and be used for professional revalidation and career progression.
The one-day course includes time to work with the team and receive advice on getting started with a QI project, as well as covering:
- An overview of QI and patient safety
- The Model for Improvement
- Testing changes using Plan Do Study Act (PDSA)
- Using measurement and data for improvement
- The human side of change
- Leading for change
We hope that you will take the opportunity to join the QI Academy and that you will encourage members of your team to do the same.
This training is CPD acredited for ASPH emplyees and will earn the attendee their 'Live QI' accreditation.
ASPH QI Academy One-Day Course, 9am-4pm (in-person)
To book your place, email
Tuesday 12th December 2023 - Ashford Hospital Education Centre, Lecture Theatre
New Dates for 2024:
Wednesay 28th February - Ashford Hospital Education Centre, Room 4
Tuesday 23rd April - Ashford Hospital Education Centre, Lecture Theatre
Wednesday 12th June - St Peter's Hospital, Chertsey House Room 3
Wednesday 21st August - Ashford Hospital Education Centre, Room 4
Thursday 10th October - St Peters Hospital, Chertsey House Room 2
Monday 2nd December - Ashford Hospital Education Centre, Room 4
Here's what some of the attendees said about the course: